Skip to main content

INSPIRATION BEHIND THE NAME OF THE BLOG


When an artist decides to make a painting, he "conceives" a picture. He then takes out the canvas, brushes and paint. After getting out all he may need, the artist starts picking out the colours and brushes he wants to use...then; he begins! Now, somewhere during the process of this painting he comes to the point where he decides to use a very fine brush to put in the some detail on the painting, but for some reason that brush just does not want to work...and having to finish the painting, the artist chooses another brush which even though it is not as fine (able) as the previous brush becomes a skilful wand in the hands of the artist, not due to the capabilities of the brush...no, due to the willingness!

Mat 22:14 for many are called, but few are chosen...

I believe this scripture does not refer to God having favourites and therefore does not want to choose some, but rather because some are consistently refusing God's grace and love to shape and mold their hearts.

Do you realize just how much God loves you...? He created the universe with words, yet He took the time to mold, shape and create you...this has to make you wonder; who is this God that thought of me before the foundation of the earth and if He thought of me, that must mean that I am worth so much in His hands...?


BE a HISTORY MAKER and FUTURE GENERATION CHANGER!


When Jesus called Simon and Andrew for the first time they were at a place in their life where all seemed to be lost, because according to the Hebrew culture when you were not good enough to become a Rabbi by being chosen by one, you were to follow in your dad's trade which in Simon and Andrews case was fishing therefore when Jesus approached Simon and Andrew he met them at their lowest but what was to happen next would change their lives forever!

Jesus (The best Rabbi EVER!) told Simon and Andrew that they should follow Him as He would make them BECOME fishers of men...now isn't this odd??


Because before Jesus appeared on the scene they were busy DOING what their father did and that was catching fish, therefore they were fisherman, but as soon as Jesus appeared He said to them: "follow me and I will make you BECOME fishers of men", therefore changing their perspective from doing something to becoming something!


See by measuring yourself by what you do, you will always limit yourself because there are only so much one can do before it will wear you out because if you do outside of who you are you will constantly have to compromise who you are for what you do, but when we measure ourselves by what we are the possibilities are endless because when we become something, what we do out of that place will be subject to who you are, therefore you will not wear out because you will not have to compromise who you are for what you do because what you do will be the product of who you are. This means as you grow, what you do will also grow and your growth is endless because we were made in the likeness and image of God which is endless. The only one that can stop you from becoming and doing infinitely possible things are you!


My favorite quote:

What is in a name if that which we call a rose would smell as sweet as by any other name...William Shakespeare


I love this quote because in that very sentence is such a depth of TRUTH!


Then Moses said to God, “Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you.’ Now they may say to me, ‘What is His name?’ What shall I say to them?”God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”God, furthermore, said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ THIS IS MY NAME FOREVER, AND THIS IS MY MEMORIAL-NAME TO ALL GENERATIONS.


When Moses asked God whom should I say sent me? God said to Moses tell the sons of Israel that I AM sent you. For the first time in biblical history God did not present himself by giving a name and I believe He did this because up until that point His people had continuously "boxed" Him in due to what they knew of Him because of what He did for them and according to the name they had of Him...but God wanted to come and be and do something new! Therefore He presented himself to Moses as I am...because He wanted them to get to know Him for who He is in all that He was, is and will be and not what He can do because who God is, is not subject to what He does because then He would only be as great as His last Creation which in time will die and if not given new life will have withered away and in time become only but a distant memory, but what God does is subject to what He is and that is ever infinite possibilities of creating, sustaining and expanding and MOST OF ALL EVER LASTING!!!!

My question to you this morning is:

Do you know God ONLY by a name, what you heard of Him or what He last did for you? If so, you live in danger of that fading away through trials and tribulation...but if you know God by who He is through forming and cultivating a relationship with Him?


Then I say you:

Christ in you, your HOPE of GLORY!!!!



Today choose to say God, what is in my name for if called by any other name I would still be me and in me would still be the infinite possibility of becoming that which you created me to be. When we go through life we tend to label ourselves and even allow people to label us, therefore boxing ourselves in...Being and doing what you were labeled as is your choice!

You were created by THE ONE who created the universe and as scientists states...the universe is ever expanding, so choose to not be conformed to a label but CHOOSE to be CONFIRMED by God because then you are bound to be a HISTORY MAKER and FUTURE GENERATION CHANGER!!!



Comments