Skip to main content

INSPIRATION BEHIND THE NAME OF THE BLOG


When an artist decides to make a painting, he "conceives" a picture. He then takes out the canvas, brushes and paint. After getting out all he may need, the artist starts picking out the colours and brushes he wants to use...then; he begins! Now, somewhere during the process of this painting he comes to the point where he decides to use a very fine brush to put in the some detail on the painting, but for some reason that brush just does not want to work...and having to finish the painting, the artist chooses another brush which even though it is not as fine (able) as the previous brush becomes a skilful wand in the hands of the artist, not due to the capabilities of the brush...no, due to the willingness!

Mat 22:14 for many are called, but few are chosen...

I believe this scripture does not refer to God having favourites and therefore does not want to choose some, but rather because some are consistently refusing God's grace and love to shape and mold their hearts.

Do you realize just how much God loves you...? He created the universe with words, yet He took the time to mold, shape and create you...this has to make you wonder; who is this God that thought of me before the foundation of the earth and if He thought of me, that must mean that I am worth so much in His hands...?


ARE WE SEEKING THE GEM STONES OR THE ROCK?

Since 2011, my husband and I have been walking a more radical road of obedience with the Lord, which involved him first leaving his job then me leaving mine. Both of us were called to leave our corporate jobs in obedience not knowing what was to follow and as you can imagine these decisions had a lot of impact on our circumstances...God came and stripped us from everything that we thought sustained us and even though we said that God sustains us, in this process we came to the realization that He truly is the only one that can sustain us, nothing else can. There was lots of wrestling with God in this season and stretching of our faith and going into a deeper level of trust, being thankful for whatever you have even if it was just a meal for the day.

We saw that when God says He will never leave us nor forsake us...He means it!!!

Now, the reason I believe God called us to walk this path was because both me and my husband said to the Lord that we want Him to use us like He did His apostles e.g. Paul, Peter etc. and because we had asked the Lord for that He had to start somewhere...

So last year close to the end of the year I was at church busy praising and worshiping the Lord when I started crying out to God for the fulfillment of the physical promises (Children, finances, home etc.) and the spiritual promises (functioning of signs, miracles and wonders) because I have such a passionate yearning for God to use me in that way...and as I was busy worshiping God, He gave me a vision.

In the vision I found myself in the kingdom of God and there were lots of passages leading to the different rooms and sections of the kingdom. God walked with me and said to me that He wants to show me something...I knew that He was taking me to a room in the kingdom and so as we walked I was just in awe of how beautiful everything were. Te passages were made out of marble and so was every wall, pillar etc. formed out of some kind of precious metal or stone...when we arrived at the place He wanted to show me, He opened the door and immediately I knew this was the treasure room of the kingdom because it was absolutely filled with every single crystal, gem stone,  precious metal that you could think of,  imagine and even not imagine... it was flowing over. God said to me; My child, take whatever you desire and without blinking I turned around and put my hand into God's chest and ripped out His heart and placed it into mine...because of all the treasures in the heavens I wanted Gods heart the most!

This had me physically on the ground in church weeping and absolutely overwhelmed!!!

Because at that very moment it was as if God told me by showing me...that even if I were to give you all the desires of your heart you would not be happy because your deepest desire is My heart and at the same time He also gave me a revelation by telling me the following:

Because your heart's desire is to have my heart, the kingdom is yours because where my heart is, is my treasure and if My heart is in you then My whole kingdom is in you because all of the heavens, all of the kingdom, all of the treasures, all of the riches, all of the earth and the nations, all of life and the abundance thereof, everything created in and through me was created unto me...therefore if you abide in Me and I in you all that was created in me, through me and unto me will now be yours as well.
  
Psalm 14:2 Amplified Bible

The Lord has looked down from heaven upon the children of men
To see if there are any who understand (act wisely),
Who [truly] seek after God, [longing for His wisdom and guidance].

The reason why I decided to share this now is because I believe we are moving into a GREAT SHAKING and my question to everyone reading this is where is your heart? Because where your heart is, is your treasure (home, sanctuary) and if your heart is in and set on anything outside of God you are at great risk of losing your treasures (home, sanctuary) and even your life and everlasting life because it is only in God that we have life that can be sustained and have the potential to expand by being fruitful and multiplying hence giving life to those that need life because then you have the potential to establish by creating out of God and His kingdom/authority which if you are in Him will also be yours.
  
Matthew 6:33 Amplified Bible

  But first and most importantly seek (aim at, strive after) His kingdom and His righteousness [His way of doing and being right—the attitude and character of God], and all these things will be given to you also.

Character = Heart   

Matthew 6:21 Amplified Bible

for where your treasure is, there your heart [your wishes, your desires; that on which your life centers] will be also.

By sharing this I am most definitely not saying do not seek the gifts of the Holy Spirit, the authority of God, the prosperity or anointing (on the contrary) but I am saying that whatever you seek of God without seeking His heart/character first puts you at risk of wrongfully stewarding that which you receive of God which can lead to you sowing evil and death instead of good and life to all you encounter and to yourself.
  
Luke 12:42-46 Amplified Bible

Parable of the Faithful Steward

The Lord said, “Who then is the faithful and wise steward [of the estate], whom his master will put in charge over his household, to give his servants their portion of food at the proper time? Blessed (happy, prosperous, to be admired) is that servant whom his master finds so doing when he arrives. I assure you and most solemnly say to you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. But if that servant says in his heart, ‘My master is taking his time in coming,’ and begins to beat the servants, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk, the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces, and assign him a place with the unbelievers.

 Note that the scripture above does not talk about a slave/unbeliever it is talking about a servant/believer, whose heart over time grew far from his master's.

I pray that every person reading this, who does not know God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit that you may come to seek HIM with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and that you will fall in love with your CREATOR! 

To the people reading this that already have a relationship with God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, I pray that you will be a good and faithful servant unto HIM right to the very end seeking HIS heart first before all else and in all that you do; right to the very end!!!

Remember...

God only gives us the gifts through the Holy Spirit, to draw the hearts of men to His heart so if your heart is not this as well, you need to seek God's counsel in the matter.

Let us choose to build our spiritual houses on sound foundation by fearing the Lord by seeking Him wholeheartedly, keeping His commandments (teachings), walking in His ways and accepting and speaking the truth that will give us life and life abundantly so that others my benefit from our overflow.  

Matthew 7:24-27Amplified Bible

The Two Foundations

“So everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, will be like a wise man [a far-sighted, practical, and sensible man] who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods and torrents came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not do them, will be like a foolish (stupid) man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods and torrents came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great and complete was its fall.”

 




Comments

  1. Denise,

    Thank you for your blog post on Facebook! You just once again reminded me how important it is to truly put God first and to seek Him with our whole heart - thanks!

    Also, I thought of teachings that will add to/compliment this post which meant a lot to me:

    See:

    "Seeking the Lord" 2012.11.11

    Link: http://www.tekiah.co.za/mp3/2012.11.11.mp3

    "First Love" 2013.06.16

    Link: http://www.tekiah.co.za/mp3/FirstLove_20130616.mp3

    And

    "Love not this world" 30.08.2015

    Link: http://www.tekiah.co.za/mp3/20150830LoveNotTheWorld.mp3

    As the Spirit leads you.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment