Skip to main content

INSPIRATION BEHIND THE NAME OF THE BLOG


When an artist decides to make a painting, he "conceives" a picture. He then takes out the canvas, brushes and paint. After getting out all he may need, the artist starts picking out the colours and brushes he wants to use...then; he begins! Now, somewhere during the process of this painting he comes to the point where he decides to use a very fine brush to put in the some detail on the painting, but for some reason that brush just does not want to work...and having to finish the painting, the artist chooses another brush which even though it is not as fine (able) as the previous brush becomes a skilful wand in the hands of the artist, not due to the capabilities of the brush...no, due to the willingness!

Mat 22:14 for many are called, but few are chosen...

I believe this scripture does not refer to God having favourites and therefore does not want to choose some, but rather because some are consistently refusing God's grace and love to shape and mold their hearts.

Do you realize just how much God loves you...? He created the universe with words, yet He took the time to mold, shape and create you...this has to make you wonder; who is this God that thought of me before the foundation of the earth and if He thought of me, that must mean that I am worth so much in His hands...?


CHOOSE THE GOOD PART IN 2017 AND YOU WILL BECOME SET APART

My mother asked me last week Thursday whether I had any new years expectancy and I told her, no I don't because this is the first year that I do not strongly feel something specific but if I have to say something then it would be that there is a shift in government and I do not mean shift in physical government (although it is that as well), but I mean a massive shift in spiritual government! 

That afternoon my husband said I can throw either R120 or R100 petrol in my car and when I heard that, the amounts mentioned carried weight and I felt that God was giving me a choice and that the amounts meant something more and so I asked Him, "Lord what does the R120 represent and what does the R100 represent?", to which I got the following:

The R120 represents the 120 in the upper room, on them the baptism of fire came and they went out from there and shifted the atmosphere wherever they went because they released the government of heaven (the kingdom=heart, rule & reign).

The R100 represents 10 x 10 fullness of time, promise fulfilled. 

Then God reminded me of the promise He made to me years ago and once again I was asked: "What do you choose, fulfillment of My promise to you or walking in My government, bringing shift and change in the world?"

See...I do believe that this year we will be tested...for many of us God has given promises and we were seeking His hand in those promises, but the reason why He made the promise to us in the first place was so that we would grow in faith and love with Him coming to a point where you seek His heart instead of His hand because you know that when you have His heart, you also have His hand.

Let us then not first seek God in this year only for what He can give or do for us, but let us first seek His heart. Let us long to know Him and His ways so that in return we become more and more like Him and He can use us to change this world by making a difference for the better, showing moral excellence and bringing His love to the people around us so that they too can become seekers of God's heart for them.

I would like to challenge everyone reading this post to choose the good part, become more aware of God's love and purpose for you. You may ask: "How? How do I become aware of God's love and purpose for me to the point where it becomes a life giving reality to me?"

Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal God's heart intention to you when you read scriptures, so that you will come to understand the true nature and intent of the scriptures as God intended them as each and every scripture carries a message from God's heart to us portraying His view and vision of and for us. Also, ask Jesus to guide you in the Way of Truth so that your life will no longer be one of mere survival but that you will start to live a Life of abundance being free from all condemnation and living a life of freedom and peace in your spirit, mind (soul) and body.

Acts 1:5 Amplified Bible

5 "For John baptized with water, but you will be baptized and empowered and united with the Holy Spirit, not long from now."

John 14:6 Amplified Bible

6 Jesus said to him, "I am the (only) Way (to God) and the (real) Truth and the (real) Life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

Remember that the key will be be in being still and knowing that He is God (Omnipotent, Omnipresent and Omniscient) that is exactly what Mary did when Jesus came to visit them she chose to sit at His feet listening to all He has to say and allowing Him to teach her and love on her (as He was love, power, health, provision etc embodied).

Martha wanted Jesus to tel Mary to help her, but then Jesus said to Martha that Mary chose the good part! Wow, how comforting is this...Jesus takes the burden away from us feeling that we should do and says come and just be with Me, because He knows that first we need to be and then we can do for then it will not be a heavy burden but a light one as we would have learned to carry His burden and His yoke (which is light and easy) instead of our own (which is heavy and hard).

Matthew 11:28-30 Amplified Bible

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavily burdened (by religious rituals that provide no peace), and I will give you rest (refreshing your souls with salvation). Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me (following Me as My disciple), for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST (renewal, blessed quiet) FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy (to bear) and My burden is light."

Luke 10:38-42 Amplified Bible

Now while they were on their way, Jesus entered a village (called Bethany), and a woman named Martha welcomed Him to her home. She had a sister named Mary, who seated herself at the Lord's feet and was continually listening to His teachings. But Martha was very busy and distracted with all of her serving responsibilities; and she approached Him and said, "Lord, is it of no concern to You that my sister has left me to do the serving alone? Tell her to help me and do her part." But the Lord replied to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered and anxious about so many things; but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part (that which is to her advantage), which will not be taken away from her."

When our heart is to seek God for the things of the earth and we get them, the enemy can try to kill, steal or destroy it and so we lose heart...

BUT

When our heart is to seek God for the things of His kingdom (His heart, rule and reign) we will never lose heart, for the enemy will never be able to take that away from us!

Matthew 6:19-21 Amplified Bible

"Do not store up for yourselves (material) treasures on eart, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in and steal; for where your treasure is, there your heart (your wishes, your desires; that which your life centers) will be also."

I truly pray that all reading this will be ENCOURAGED and INSPIRED by the HOLY SPIRIT to CHOOSE THE GOOD PART...seeking His HEART instead of His HAND 
for 
WHEN YOU HAVE HIS HEART YOU ALSO HAVE HIS HAND!


Comments